Madeline's Grand Experiment

Friday, November 17, 2006

Maddie has been eating and sleeping. She'll look around a bit when eating but that is about it. She has some very cross words for me when I change her with my cold hands.

Our family went together to the hospital for our flu shots and for a two week appointment for Maddie. I went first with the shot. Olivia saw it and was very worried. She was next. I held her on my lap and the nurse stuck her thigh. She screamed and fought hard. I stood her up and she was whimpering. Zach's turn next. Olivia sees that needle come out and she jumps in very close. As Zach is getting his shot and gets upset, Olivia screams loudest yet. In her way she tells the nurse that she is very very mad. Zach cried for a few seconds and after that he was fine. Olivia was worked up. Only she can give her little brother owwies.

We had a really fun day today. The older kids and I played and played in the toy room and outside. We are swinging fools. That is about all I can get the kids to do. We go outside. We swing. There is no other first option. I was able to get them to walk around a little bit on some smaller trails. We adventured and yelled to everyone all the footprints we saw. We saw deer, turkey, rabbit, mouse, little bird, Daddy, Zachy and Olivia footprints.

After supper, we had a really good time running around in circles in the toy room. The kids were in famous moods. We ran and ran. Olivia had a bad habit of overrunning Zach. He would fall and let out some cries. Then he'd get right back up, laugh and keep on running. They shrieked like banshees and ran hard into the futon. I had to call for breaks so they could calm down a bit before they destroyed each other. Olivia will be able to get away with bullying him only so much longer. Over the past couple of weeks, Zach has really turned from a baby to a little boy. He has filled out in his legs and his face has really grown up. She only out-weighs him by about 5 pounds and has about 4 inches on him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home