Madeline's Grand Experiment

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Job's been going good. I am still glad to have made the switch to banking. My co-worker has been working with me about learning some useful Arabic phrases. I butcher them.

Recently, Forbes magazine ranked our very own Kevin McHale as the #1 GM in sports. I suppose that we Minnesotans could have lived with maybe in the top 30 or so, but number one? Zero championships, 1 playoff series win, mega-contracts to fringe players. I know that wins weren't what they were measuring (obviously) but one would think that it would have had some sort of effect. Number one. This was weeks ago and our talk radio is still all over it. Other teams have been mocking us about it. Oh well.

We put up a storm door over the weekend. That was something we should have done a long time ago. On nice days the wind whips through there cooling off the house and next winter it should help keep the house warmer.

I saw Travis and his kids today at Menard's. I was buying some parts for the garbage disposal (it was originally put in in 1990). I was sure I had plenty of drain pieces but didn't have the right ones of course. They were buying some stuff for their basement. Michelle is in Bangladesh for a few weeks teaching people some basic safety/1st aid techniques for birthing at home. Then in July they're going to China for a couple of weeks to pick up their adopted boy.

On Sunday it was just a beautiful day. Olivia stripped to her panties and ran the trail laughing like a banshee. Zach and I chased as best we could. We stopped to look at the deer footprints, deer trails and deer poop. Madeline had her first big outdoor adventure. The only other times she has been outside were to get in the van. She really enjoyed being on the trail and going into the woods a bit. We had fun finding old animal bones and strange rocks.

We've been hearing turkeys squawk at us but haven't seen any yet this spring. There was a pheasant that lived nearby for awhile. He strutted around our bird feeders and ate plenty of sunflower seeds.

Zach is so proud of himself. He climbed up the swing set ladder all by himself. He is still hesitant to slide down by himself though.

Yesterday I had the two older kids outside with me. They were dressed in their winter coats, shorts and sandals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home