Madeline's Grand Experiment

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The First Day of School

I used to be little, but not any more.
Tomorrow I'll get up and walk out the door.
I'm going to school - it's the first time for me.
It's great to be big, but I'm scared as can be.

My tummy's in knots. Do you want to know why?
I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, I'll cry!
When Dad leaves the school and I'm there all alone,
I'm thinking that maybe I'll want to go home.

But wait - Mommy said I'll play lots of new games,
And meet lots of friends - I can learn all their names.
The first day of school, oh there's so much to do!
There's painting and books and a big playground, too.

I used to be little, but not any more.
Tomorrow I'll get up and walk out the door.
I'm going to school - it's my first day, you see.
It's great to be big! I'm so glad that I'm me!

~ Author unknown ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home