Madeline's Grand Experiment

Monday, October 22, 2007

Just Another Monday?

Have you ever had one of those days where you wake up and feel like you actually got enough sleep for once, and you feel pretty good and think to yourself, Man, this is gonna be a great day! ? Well, I have to come to the conclusion that either this is: a) a cruel joke from up above at my expense or b) somebody up above thought that I needed to feel good first to put up with the day that today has become...

So, this morning Zach had speech class from 9:15-11:00. So get out of bed and proceed to argue with Olivia the entire morning about going to school, because she has decided that she doesn't want to go. Between getting myself and the kids ready, I quickly get behind and don't leave the house until 9:15am. So we're only 15 minutes late; oh, man. We get to school , get the girls dropped off at sibling care, Zach into his class and then I'm off to parent's class (no comment), and everything is going well. About a half hour later, I get pulled out of class because Maddie has had an explosion, and I do mean that quite literally: she had icky stuff from her diaper running down her pants legs and even into her shoes! Oh, gross. Apparently that's too gross for the sitters to change too so I got the job (one of the perks of parenting, I'm told). And then back to parent class where now I can smell that icky smell on me (those with medical backgrounds, think C.dif), even though I don't have any on me.

So after class we head home to make a quick lunch because in an hour it's time to take Livi to preschool. So I pull into the garage and hear this major leaking sound and of course, the tire is quickly deflating - and the hits just keep on coming, but then quickly think, At least we made it home and we didn't have a blow-out on the highway! So I run into the house to call Scott and... (drumroll please)... our phone line is dead! So to get any phone help I am to call this 800 number, but the phone doesn't work!!! And this concept is lost on the company as I have now been told via chat mail (with the company rep, no less) that you need to phone in for telephone support; you can't get help online. Really thought that through, didn't they?!? And we don't get cell phone service out here in the "sticks." And guess I can't drive into town so I can get to a phone. Guess I could go meet the neighbors a bit more...

You know, this is stuff that you just can't make up!!! I can't even read through this post without laughing...

Although, on a more serious note, it really makes one think about how vulnerable this leaves any of us. I mean, we live out here about 5 miles from town and most of our neighbors are at work and/or school right now. What if something happens? So I can't call for help, and now can't drive (safely, at least) to get that help. It really makes one stop to think about getting a back-up plan...

So, we're now enjoying a quieter afternoon here at home. This is a good thing right now; maybe this is all part of some master plan, even though it's kind of irritating, although funny too!

posted by Elena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home