Madeline's Grand Experiment

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Scott and Elena Updates:

Scott has been busy working at the bank these days. Then he gets to come home to his loving family and straight after dinner he gives the kids a bath. He has found that he enjoys bathtime because the kids just play in there and he can sit and read in the bathroom while they're bathing. So he's read through several of his Dilbert books and just recently started reading The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger. He says it's a pretty good book and is already about halfway through it!

Elena: I hurt my back at work in October and was off for a month, returned to work and then re-injured my back in December! So off for another month - this actually is quite stressful as my position is not benefit-eligible, including sick-pay. So now I've been working a ton of hours to try to make up a bit from those missed months. In my spare time I've been doing a lot of reading. I recently finished The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns, both by Khaled Hosseini. These two books were excellent! They were both insightful and haunting stories about life in Afghanistan. I just cannot say enough about how much I really enjoyed these books! I highly recommend them if you get the chance.

posted by Elena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home