Madeline's Grand Experiment

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Random Olivia Quotes:

I'm a magical dream come true.
Yes, that's right, Olivia, you are... Nothing wrong with her ego! Oh, we are so definitely in the "princess" stage!

I'm so beautiful!

I am NOT a princess right now. I'm wearing jammies!
Apparently one can only be a princess when wearing the appropriate clothing!

I am NOT a princess; I am the KING of the princesses!
This was said one afternoon when she decided that since being a princess didn't prevent her from rest-time (nap), then she'd up the ante. Needless to say, it didn't quite have the effect that she'd hoped for.


Oh, this hat is broken! There is a big hole in it. We need to throw it away; this hat is BROKEN!!!
This was actually said early this winter when she was helping Daddy put his winter hat away, and it actually made it into the trash before I caught it. It's one of those hats that go over the whole face with just a hole for the face.

I'm my own best friend...
Quote from Spaceballs - yes, it was on TV and the kids fell in love with this movie about space! Also from this movie:
Smoke if you got 'em.
Scott and I burst into laughter when she came up with this one! Kind of embarrassing. And thanks to this movie, a new phrase Olivia has also learned is:
We do not say naughty words!
So we do not watch this movie very much here anymore, even though it is hilarious! When I first heard a naughty word, the second thing I thought was, gosh I hope she doesn't say this in preschool! I would just die! I did not remember, prior to having kids, that there were so many naughty words in this movie. It was just on TV one night and I hadn't seen it in ages, so we watched it (the clean version). And then the kids loved it, and we own the VHS, so we put it on one day and got an earful... Note to selves: we need to screen movies BEFORE letting the kids watch!!!


And I know there are more gems coming out of this kid's mouth; I just need to write them down when she says them!

posted by Elena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home