Madeline's Grand Experiment

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Spring!

So after working a 12-hour night shift and then only getting about 3 hours of sleep after that (and no sleep the day before), I was rather tired last night. Almost overtired, but thankfully I fell asleep maybe about 15 minutes after settling in and didn't move for about 9 hours! I told Scott as I fell asleep that if the kids woke up I might not hear them. Well, this morning I wake up and the baby monitor is turned off!!! Guess we both slept well; hope the kids did, too! Oops! At any rate, the kids are all doing fine! So I got up and turned on the monitor, crawled back into the nice warm bed, and minutes later hear Maddie very calmly saying: Hep me, hep me, hep me! It was just too cute to hear her requests to get out of the crib and get on with the day. And made me a little proud because I've been trying to get her to say that rather than crying/screaming.

Went to speech this morning for Zach. He really did well today. Only 2 more weeks, and then he graduates from the program! We're so excited and happy for this accomplishment! After that the kids and I went to Oxbow Park & Zoo; the kids really enjoyed it, and it was a great way to burn off some energy. I think we were the only non-working people there, so we had the place to ourselves - pretty nice. Then we had some lunch and came home and played outside for a while. It's so nice out. In the 40's and sunny beautiful weather! Happy 1st day of spring!!! But they're threatening us with up to 8 inches of snow! Unbelievable!!! I just got all the ice off the driveway too... I'm really hoping that the snow is just going to go up north and skip us all together!

Another Olivia quote:
Whenever something goes missing in the house and we're (and by "we're" I mean me and/or Scott) looking for it, Olivia says:
Well, it must be somewhere!
Oh, what a help...

posted by Elena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home