Madeline's Grand Experiment

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It was Maddie's turn to do the dishes and clean up the kitchen. It didn't work out so well; maybe we should wait a few more years? She emptied out the corner cupboard, pulled a couple of toys into the kitchen, looked in the dishwasher and then closed the door. It's a tough job...


After we finished cleaning up the kitchen and putting away the clean dishes, Maddie decided she was pretty tired and ready to settle down for the day. But we have a routine: bath-time first!
We decided to take advantage of the older kids running around outside to let Maddie take a big bath all by herself! We have discovered that our mild-mannered little girl has quite the jealous streak! That's right, no attention for anybody else but Maddie, or else. I mean ALL THE TIME, and we're having so much fun with this one. If Zach or Livi get "owies" or need some loving, Attention Police, Attention Police - Maddie reporting for duty! This does NOT fly, and she lets us know! Too bad for her...

Anyway, bath-time is fine if she's by herself, but if ANYbody else gets in the tub, it is generally one long tantrum (thank you, Maddie). Last night I discovered something else: I cannot read while she's in the tub because if she looks up at me and I'm not looking at her, then there will be hell to pay! Because I clearly was not paying attention to HER!
Oh, Mother! Another picture? Of me naked?!?
To which I reply: Hey, you wanted my attention!


Love that round little face!

posted by Elena
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home