Madeline's Grand Experiment

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Children's Room Makeovers

When we moved into our house 2 years ago, every single wall in our house (except the bathrooms) were painted white. On the to-do list was painting and adding some color and character to some of the rooms. But then life happens and those projects go on the back burner. So this past August I decided to finally get around to it.


Zach's room was done first: he didn't have a lot of input into the color and design, but he was so excited with the finished product:

I painted and picked out and put up the border and wall decorations, Scott picked out and installed the carpeting. Zach was really one happy little boy.



Then Olivia's room: I actually asked her for some input. She decided that she wanted purple and then helped me pick out the butterfly theme for the border and decorations. So I painted the room. Her reply? "I don't like this; I want pink!" Well, too late now, kiddo! Then a couple days later the border and decor went up on the walls, and true to Olivia-fashion: "I don't like butterflies!" Arghh!!! Guess next time we do this project in like 10 years or so, she can do it!




The color turned out just a little darker than I had anticipated, but I still liked it. But still, Olivia does not particularly care for it... Just the other day, I was cleaning out some of the boxes in our basement and packing things up to give away. Well, she found a couple of little knick-knacks to add to her shelves, so I let her have them and put them up in her room. And then I overheard her saying, with awe in her voice:
"Oh, look at my room! It's soooo... PURPLE!"
It was absolutely hilarious!


Summer 2008: Madeline's room
posted by Elena
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home